Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Adventure 10.0 Honky Tonkin' at the Bierflashe Museum

April 29 & 30, 2011

Adventure is discovery. Discovery of the unkown, but more importantly discovery of self.

Friday was about cutting loose and have a good time. Saturday was all about relaxing, being quiet, thinking, and takin' it all in. Everyone needs some down time.

Friday night I went Honky Tonkin' in St. Gallen. Now this is not your typical American Honky Tonk. This is roughly 30 bars with 30 bands of all sorts for 1 price. I started at a place called the Spitalkeller for a songs Irish drinking songs. Can you believe that the bar didn't have Guiness? I settle for the local dark beer. I found out later that many bars only carry one brand of beer because the bewery sponsors the bar. Craziness! Next I went to the Marketplaz for some '50's jitter bug and swing. Finally I ended up outside of the Rock Story where I met up with a handsome young man reflective eyes. Honky Tonkin' was fun!



Saturday I went to the Beer Bottle Musuem in St. Gallen today. I ordered my Starbucks all in German and I was understood. At this point, Handel's Hallelujah Chorus started playing. Finally I'm grasping a little German. On to the Beer Bottle Musuem. Then a walk through the garden. I stopped at the church and listened to heavenly pipe organ music. One of those giant pipe organs. Simply amazing. I stopped by the market and tried to buy cheese, but alas my German failed me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment