Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Adventure 11.0: Wanderweg zu Kronberg

Saturday May 7, 2011

Today, I took der Zug (the train) and then the bus to Schwagalp. From there I hiked to Kronberg and then to Jakobsbad. I have decided that as I learn German so will you. For now I shall throw in a few German words with English in parenthesis. I hope you enjoy Deutch lernen. I had my path picked out but got off on the wrong foot. While looking in awe at den Berg (the mountain) Santis, I followed the wrong path. At some point, I concluded I was not on the right path. Eventually I found my way. I just took the scenic route to get there. The scenic route war nicht schneller (was not faster). It was however beautiful!

The entire hike, I could see the Berg Santis which was sneebececkten (snow capped). There were also a plethora of wildflowers to be seen in all colors. Once reaching the top of Kronberg, I decided to buy a Coke. After hours of hiking, an “ice cold” Coke sounds delicious. Yes, there is a restaurant on top of das Berg. You can also go paragliding from the top of das Berg. My Coke that I longed for cost 3.50 CHF from the vending machine! And “ice cold” really just means “not room temperature”. However, the Coke was like music to my ears except for my taste buds. Whatever the equivalent saying would be.



The entire way down the mountain, you could hear cow die Glocken (bells). It is quite beautiful to listen to. Unfortunately I never got close enough to get a good picture. The only cows I saw up close were 3 bulls, one of which was pounding its foot at me. It there a rule about not looking at a cow? Apparently it didn’t want its picture taken. I did not linger long. After all, there wasn’t much between the bull and I, just a piece of that electric ribbon stuff. I did see some goats with die Glocken. The Swiss put die Glocken on everything; they must! Upon entering Jakobsbad, there was a campground. This is not camping like I know camping. The campers were literally side by side. From my camper I could stick my head in your camper window. Who would go there? Lots of people because the place was packed. And this is where I saw Mr. Speedo. These things should be outlawed. I don’t care if you a ripped like Sylvester Stalone back in the Rambo days with a face like the Borne Identity guy. Wearing a speedo is WRONG! To make it worse, this guy couldn’t have been pregnant with twins. The picture below is blurry ON PURPOSE. I didn’t want a picture of that, but I wanted you to see the absurdity.
The pink line is my wanderweg.
Long day, beautiful day, God was everywhere! This hike or God brought the following thought to my mind:
People have been asking me for a few years “why did you leave Colorado?” I LOVED Colorado. I never quite knew the answer. God told me to go so I went. I’ve been making up excused for years on why I left. Today, I finally realized why I left. Because without leaving CO and going to NC, I would have never made it to der Schweiz. And der Schweiz rocks! God knew what he was doing...as always.



No comments:

Post a Comment