Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Adventure 13.0: Belgium



May 21 to May 25, 2011

For work, I went to Lanaken, Belgium to visit a plant. The customer rocked! They took us out for 2 dinners: One was a 5-course meal with wine paring! There other was just as delicious, but 3-course. The 3-course dinner was eaten in Maastrict, Holland. Yet another country added to my list. Most of the trip was work, so I won't or can't go into details. So let's have a funny story!

Co-worker A had to fly out early on Wednesday so we took him to a hotel close to the airport. First off, we had a bit of a hard time finding the hotel. I have a great picture of Co-worker A talking to the police about how to find the hotel. After dropping off Co-worker A in an alley (seriously the hotel entrance was down this little alley) we continue to drive down the alley. We pull out into a restaraunt. That's right Tom-Tom (the GPS) directed us right into the middle of an outdoor cafe! As I was laughing hysterically, Co-worker B is going what do I do, where do I go. As he is looking around a guy sitting at the table beside my car door points to the right. He also has the "what are these idiots doing" look on his face. We drove off down another alley hoping not to crash anyone elses lunch. Haha!

 The signs on the men's and women's toilet....I was so taken back by the graphic that it confused me on which one I should go in!

Redneck in Belgium. I think
Little Joe Cartwright may have
been in the back.


We had 2 hours worth of site-seeing in Leuven. As we are walking around, we see a lot of signs for Stella Artois. With a quick google search, we find that Stella originated there. Not that we need much encouragement, but the next stop was to get a Stella! The town was cute. Good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment