Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 14: Being Normal

It's Memorial Day. A huge thank you to our military service for all that they do and have done for our freedom. I worked today, because obviously Memorial Day is an American holiday. But that is ok because I have Thursday off for a holiday.

So what did I do this weekend? Well, I was normal if there is such a thing as normal. I have been running so much that I did not plan an adventure per se, but think think for a minute that I sat around doing nothing. Friday night, I met my partner in crime here in Switzerland. I had dinner with my patner in crime and her husband. We had a great evening. They cooked great food, with great wine to compliment to great conversation. Saturday, I had to be domestic and do laundry since I hadn't washed clothed in 2 weeks and also putze mein wohnung (clean my flat). Saturday afternoon, I went grocery shopping with a friend, had a Starbucks, and then watched a movie.

Sunday was a busy day. I played a double header in softball. Did I tell you that I'm on a softball team here? I can't remember so I'll give you a few quick details. There are only about 8 softball teams in Switzerland. They do not start playing at age 5 like we do in the US. They start at 16-20 playing. I had to purchase a license to play softball. No kidding! But it is a ton of fun! We won both games on Sunday against Zurich. The second game went into OT with me scoring the winning run. Sweet!

Sunday evening I was off to a birthday party where I heard nothing but Swiss-German all night. It is a good learning experience!

This weekend I'm off on a grand 4 day adventure. I have been assured that this will be an awesome experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment