Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Adventure 8.0: Bodensee

April 16, 2011


I'm half in Switzerland half in Germany.
The line is a row of tarot card symbols.
Today I went to the Lake Constance (Bodensee). This lake is part way in Switzerland and part way in Germany. I took the train, stopping in St. Gallen for a Starbuck Chai Tea Latte, and riding along the lake. The wild flowers are blooming; the trees are in bloom. It was a very nice train ride. I met up with some friends and we walked around the lake, stopping at the beer garden for a quick lunch and a drink. We stopped to look at the Lady of Constance Lake. This statue is a depiction of a prostitute who slept with the pope and a king. She holds one in each hand. The statue is based on a story by Balzac called Lady belle Imperia. We took a fabulous boat ride around the lake in a solar powered boat. We then went shopping because things are cheaper in Germany. The streets are amzaing old and crocked (see pictute below and tangent below).We ate some delicious ice cream and then went to tour a church. It was a fabulous day around the lake.

 
 

Boat Gas Station.
Fill 'r up!

Solar Boat




The cript. Creepy

Tangent:

I think I had this book when I was little. I also think there was a lot more to the nursery rhym than this, but this is what I found online.

"There was a crooked man
Who walked a crooked mile.
He found a crooked sixpence

Against a crooked stile.
He bought a crooked cat
Which caught a crooked mouse,
And they all lived together
In a crooked little house."

No comments:

Post a Comment