Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 44: My First Dig

October 30, 2010

Today I went with the Office of State Archaeology to the Alamance Battleground for a dig. I arrived early so I watched the video of the Battle of Alamance which happened before the Civil War and American Revolution. Basically the farms raged again the government and a bunch of people got killed.

The first task I did was laying out the grid. Placing flags 1-24 and A-Y and painting the grass. Next I participated in pervenance. This is cataloging the data. Then they let me have a metal detector. I found a washer and a pop tab. They had a metal detector club there helping them. That's right, a club! There was at least 25 people with the club. Then it was back to more pervenance and then I tried my hand at metal detecting again. This time I hit the jackpot. I found a fired rifle ball. Awesome!

My big find!

No I did not find the cool button.

Then I went to a Halloween part as the Mad Hatter! Have a very merry unbirthday! To you, to you, to me, to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment