Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Week 45: Morrow Mountain State Park

November 10, 2010

What a glorious day for a hike - sun shining, high 60's, and not a person in site. Just me, God, and some beautiful foliage. Couldn't ask for much more.

Just the facts:

- Morrow Mt is the largest "mountain" in Stanley country
- I hiked 6 miles from the museum to the top of Morrow Mt and back.
- I took 88 picture

- DO NOT FEED THE DEER! Seriouly, I saw 6 or 7 deer and they were not scared of me. I got as close at 15 ft before they ran off and one walked right up to my car. IT IS BAD TO FEED THE DEER!





- I saw a couple wood peckers, more squirrels than I could "shake a stick at"
- The foliage was a little past peak, but still quite lovely

- I was attacked by Multicolored Asian Lady Bugs








- I saw daddy long legs trying to kill each other - way cool

-A beautiful ending to a "peace like a river" day

No comments:

Post a Comment