Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 47: Thanksgiving Traditions and Giant Sites

November 25, 2010

A day that Americans stuff themselves until they can eat no more. A day that we celebrate all that we are thankful for. Which reminds me that I should share my list. I am thankful for:
- the grace of God
- my family, THANK YOU for being normal! Although this is an inside joke for my family, since we feel other people are so crazy and weird. We think maybe they are normal and we are the weird ones.
- friends - WTG, Soapstoners, Toto we're not in Kansas anymore, and my favorite PSU game girl
- the creature comforts in life
- my Compassion child - Chamu
- my World Vision child - Boitumelo
- the way things always work out
- and last but not least 44 awesome adventure
So now to the family tradition part which consists of eating lots and lots of food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, stuffing (ma makes special crunchy stuffing just for me), and last but definitely not least PUNKIN PIE. Yes, I said punkin....long story; my mom is laughing right now.
On black Friday, my ma and pa and me went to Woolrich - the town and the outlet store. Woolrich rocks! When my brother and I were little rugrats, the kids in school called us the "woolrich kids" because most of our t-shirts came from there. They had little sheep on them. Well even in our adult hood (by age not action) we still love Woolrich. Woolrich is a cute little town; a factory town where pines line the one and only road through town. We discovered that they still make clothes in the Woolrich factory. They are quite expensive ($300 dresses, $200 hats), so my pa and I decided that we would support China and by the Chinese made Woolrich. However, the blankets are still made in Woolrich.
The other part of my adventure was giant things. On the way to Woolrich, we dropped by and saw Pennsylvania's Largest Santa Claus in the podunk town on Philipsburg. Then on the way to PA, I may have found the Largest Watering Can and Faux Terracotta Pot.
Here's to being thankful for tradition and giant things.

No comments:

Post a Comment