Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Adventure 21.0: The Redlight District in the Rain

July 17, 2011
Today I went to Zurich to check out some museums. I have been avoiding Zurich because I've heard "it's just another city", "it's expensive", "it is not traditional Swiss culture". I had 3 museums picked out: Ethnographic Museum, Anthropology Museum, Archaeology Museum. I found 1 of the 3 museums, the Ethnographic. It was small and had a nice exhibit about the making of cermanics in China. The exhibit was made up of mostly videos so I didn't have to read much. The other exhibit was about the people of Java. The other place I went was the Archaeology building at the University of Zurich. This was also quite nice.

The finally stop of the day was a super quick 1 hour tour of the Swiss National Museum. They had so much stuff in there! My favorite things were the old Apoteke from the 1800's and the history of the Swiss traditional clothing.

After the first 2 places and before the Swiss Museum, I found a giant spider and then I tried to find the Archaeology Museum. I wrote down the street and name had typed it into my Crackberry. I was following the directs and I thought I was on the right street. Soon I was seeing many bars....then strip clubs...the more strip clubs....and more and more. Finally I saw what I know was a hooker. She was standing in a door way looking like she was ready to pounce some prey. Short, like see cheeks short, skirt, corsette type shirt, lace bra sticking out the top, and some tall black boots. I walked around the corner and found a Kabap shop with what looked like a few more hookers hanging out. I was quick to try and find my way out of that place. A few hours later after talking to a friend I was told I had been in the largest Redlight district in Switzerland. Now that is an adventure!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment