Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Friday, March 25, 2011

4.3: Getting Sick

March 25, 2010

I have had sinus drainage for just over a week. I had brought some over the counter cold and sinus pills with me, but not a complete packet and not enough to get rid of this cold. Every morning I get in the shower with steaming hot water. This loosens up all of that junk in my head and chest and I proceed to cough up nasty yellow gunk. Tonight I decided to go to the store to buy some drugs. Unlike in the US, you can just stroll down an isle in the grocery store and pick out your favorite medicine. You have to go to the Apotheke (aka the pharmacy). You also can't just take a look and the shelves and pick one. You have to ask the phamacy assistant.

I walk up to the counter and ask the girl for cold medicine. She goes to get another girl who can speak English. I explain that I have sinus drainage. She doesn't kow what sinus means. I'm standing at the counter poking myself in the face trying to explain what is wrong. Finally she goes "ah! slime!" Yes, slime! Why didn't I think to call is slime? She asked me some more questions. Sore throat = no, can I hear = yes. She goes to a drawer behing the counter and get 2 things; pills and nasal spray. Now I'm taking something called "Sinupret". From what I've searched on the internet it is a herbal remedy. No Pseudoephedrin here!

MOM! MAYBE YOU CAN SEND ME SOME COLD MEDICINE IN THE MAIL???!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment