Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 28: Mark and Beth's World Famous Wedding

July 10, 2010

Congratulations Mark and Beth! This weekend I headed up to PA for their wedding. On the way up, I saw an 18-wheeler on a stick. Sorry to lump you guys in with this oddity, but it’s funny. The wedding was in State College, the world famous home of Joe Pa’s Nittany Lions. The wedding was simple and beautiful and I almost missed it. I walked in right before the girls walked down the isle. Then we headed to the Penn Stater for cocktails and the reception. The dinner was good, but the best part was creamery ice cream. Woot! This is the first wedding I have ever been to where they have had ice cream let alone creamery ice cream from the world famous Penn State cows. For favors, the family must have slaved for hours to make the world famous Allemansville UMC chocolate covered pretzels. They even had a drizzle of peanut butter over them, yummm! After dinner, we danced and I caught up with some folks I haven’t seen in years. Mark and Beth I would like to thank you so very much for NOT doing the garter and bouquet toss. This is the most ridiculous and embarrassing wedding act that has ever been invented. And if you look up the origins of these acts, they are quite scandalous. Mark we were disappointed that there was no pizza at the wedding. Have a great time on your honeymoon / mission trip. You are an inspiration to us all. I wish you both much happiness and world famousness!
Beautiful PA
Sunday I got up went to visit my nephews. When they grow up one says “I’m going to be a wrestler.” The other says “I’m going to be a chainsaw fixer man.” Two also thinks that grandma talks to herself. Before I left, Cor built me a castle in the sand box. I asked him if I could live in it. He replied “It’s just pretend Jay Jay. You can’t really live in it.” I was a little disappointed that it was just pretend. Haha! I changed my oil and my dad rotated my tires in the afternoon. Mom cooked lunch and the grandparents came to visit. Right before I left, my mom spotted a bird in the blueberry net. My dad took his latest purchase down to get the bird out. Electricity must run in the family for my dad had purchased an electrified “birdy” racquet. Remember the game birdy from when you were little. Well, this game was a little more literal. What a site watching my dad crawl around chasing a bird in the net while I stood and laughed. Hahaha!

Glow in the dark flutterby. Mom, I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment