Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 8: Winterplace & DSO

February 20 & 21, 2010

The bus pulled out of the church parking lot at 6AM. Getting up early is for the birds. I chaperoned the youth from church on a ski trip to Winterplace, WV. The trip to the resort took about 4 hours. We arrived around 10AM and were skiing by 10:30. The skiing conditions were ok, not too icey. It was warm out and as the day went on the snow melted. The slopes were extremely busy with kids. So I set in the lodge and visited with the youth coming and going for a couple hours. By 5PM the slopes were clearing out and I headed out again. As the night went on, it did get icey. Welcome to east coast skiing.


Sunday was a half day ski. We skiied from 9AM to 1PM. The slopes were less crowed which made skiing much nicer. By the end of Sunday, I had skiied most of the trail. I spent most of my time on the blacks and blues. The slopes are not very difficult at Winterplace, so I ran the mogules much of the time.

We arrived back to the church a little after 6PM. I ran home to take a quick shower and head downtown for the Dark Star Orchestra concert. It was awesome!

Busy weekend, great time! I'm so sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment