Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 7, Day 2 of 2: Skiing Wintergreen

February 17, 2010

This week I had an extra adventure, skiing at Wintergreen Resort in Virginia. The bus left at 4:30 AM, which means I was up at 3:30. I haven't been up that early in....well, I've never been up that early. We arrived at the slopes by 8:30AM, donned our gear and headed down. The goal for today: ski every slope. Goal completed plus some bonuses! The bonuses were a little out of bounds skiing to check out the fresh untouched powder (aka the secret stash!). The trails here are fairly easy. Some are listed at black diamonds and double blacks, but nothing should be rated more than a blue. The only exception being the 2 mogullies (trails with moguls or bumps). I even hit up the terrain park for a little jumping. I'm sure I got at least an inch of air on my 2 jumps. Those little 8 years olds put me to shame when it comes to jumping. I only fell once because I got a little too confident at skiing backwards. Oops! We skiied from 9 to 4 on a beautiful sunny day. Extra adventures are always welcome!

Disclaimer: I did not take the bottom two pictures. All the pictures were taken with camera phones. I'm not risking my good camera on a ski trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment