Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

No-Bake Cookies and Other American Food

Today, I decided to make some no-bake cookies. This is the second time I have tried to make these in Switzerland. Unfortunately, I have gotten the same result both times. While they look like no-bakes, smell like no-bakes, and even taste like no-bakes, the oatmeal will break your teeth. I have had the worst time finding "quick oats" in Switzerland. I have gone to all sorts of specialty shops and tried several different brands, none of them work for no-bakes.

So I decided to look online to see if anyone knew where to buy some good oatmeal and I found this website: http://www.afoodave.ch/. The prices will "knock your socks off". They have a lot of thing that I could buy that I don't normally get here - Pop-Tarts, Cheerios, Red Mill hot cereals, Ranch dressing, Frank's Red Hot, Marshmallow, and so much more. I could spend a fortune in this store.

For example: With exchange rate as of today. CHF is Swiss Franc for those of you wondering.

1 Box of Betty Crocker Brownie Mix is CHF 5.95 = $6.63

1 12oz. Can of A&W Root Beer is CHF 1.35 = $1.50

1 Bottle of Blue Cheese Dressing (I love Blue Cheese) is CHF 3.95 = $4.40

I know you have heard me complain about mayonnaise before and here it is for a steep price:
1 15oz. Jar of Hellmann's Mayonnaise is CHF 6.90 = $7.68

And finally the thing I was looking for:
1 42oz. box of Quaker Quick Oats CHF 10.95 = $12.20

Would I pay these prices? Probably, because I really like no-bake cookies and the oatmeal in Switzerland sucks!

On the bright side, I now know where I can get some American goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment