Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Adventure 17.0: Rome - Day 1

Thursday June 16, 2011

Arrival in Rome 9 AM. Found the train and headed to the main station. Arrived at main station at 10:30 and starting walking....with my suitcase. I had to wait for my friend the teacher whose flight got in 5 hours after mine. So I explored a little bit before she arrived. Whoever invented wheels on suitcases was a genius. FYI the inventor was Robert Plath. I had a delicious lunch of a buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad with some amazing bread (see picture below) and a glass of Italian champagne. Before Teacher arrived this is what I saw:

 

After Teacher's arrival, we checked into the hotel and went for food. We stopped at a pastry shop and I had a delicious wild strawberry cream tart. And yes they were wild strawberries. You can certainly tell the difference. Next it was on to the pizza shop for our first experience in pointing and holding up 1 finger to order some pizza. We managed to get 2 Cokes even though Teach tried to order a water. It was no use, they did not understand. What can you do but laugh and think..."Maybe I should have tried to learn a few Italian words." Haha! We then went to the Spanish steps / church, down the most famous shopping street where I bought an "Italian" leather belt. Yes it was real leather. It feels like it and smells like it. But do you really think it is still made in Italy? Then we went to a giant fountain and walked back to the hotel past the Coliseum.


No comments:

Post a Comment