Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Adventure 26.0: Canal Du Midi

August 14-22, 2011
I spent this week cruising down the canal in a house boat with 5 friends. It was awesome. Here's the highlights:
   - My German improved...I think.
   - I got a great tan.
   - We tasted great wines of which I brought a case home.
   - I urinated more times in the woods than I can count - more on urinating later...
   - It was interesting to cruise through the locks.
   - We spent a day in the Mediteranean.
   - We did lots of bike riding.

Now for some pictures and commentation:

The boat - which was wreck on two occassions and not by me.

 This was wine country as most of France is. The evenings on the canal were spectacular.
 The locks - on the right a series of 6 locks. On the left the boat with the crazy Italiens. They kept yelling at each other and we must have seen them 10 time in the course of the trip. 
Chillin' on the boat roof
So this picture on the right is a toilet. Seriously! They have many of these in France; they also have the ones we are used to in America. As most of Europe knows and I have learned first hand, the French are dirty people. This toilet is further proof. You have to put you feet on the feet prints, squat, and let 'er rip. So I figured I should at least try this before judging the French once again as dirty. This was the first and last time I will ever use a toilet like this. I will opt for the weeds. This is what happens: As you pee, it splashed off of the basin and all over you feet. I was wearing flip flops and had to was my feet and shoes when I was finished. As least it doesn't splat in the weeds; the pee has a softer landing. And one more thing to add: Always carry your own toilet paper with you. I don't think they know what it is in France.

Wine Tasting at Chateau de Paraza. As you can tell, we bought a lot of wine there.

No comments:

Post a Comment