Spring Water

Spring Water

Quotes

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Hellen Keller


Home is not where you live, but where they understand you ~ Christian Morganstern

Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 14: Easter

April 2-4, 2010

For Easter I headed home to visit with the family. On the way home I saw some interesting sights: A giant apple in Winchester. This is the home of White House applesauce and the Apple Festival. A giant roller skate in Warrenton. A field full of stairs somewhere in Virginia. A bail of hay decked out like a spider. An 18-wheeler on a pole. And as I got close to home, an Amish horse and buggy.

Upon arriving home, my two nephews were quite the source of entertainment. I learned that each of them had been bitten. The 6 yr old was bitten by a troll when he fell off of the bridge. The 4 yr old was bitten by a two-headed snake. The joke of the evening was "Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9." My nephews are a riot. And my favorite comment of the weekend: "Pappy can't remember anything because of the lead in the paint." Haha! I don't know where they get this stuff.

On Saturday the boys helped me wash my car. This was entertaining. My headlights were really clean. There was a clean 6 inch band the whole way around the car just about their eye level. And the side mirrors were super clean. My nephews went home for a few hours while the Easter Bunny came to hide eggs.  When they returned the, egg hunt started. They took off running across the yard; running past many eggs in plain sight. Then they started telling each other where the eggs were instead of taking the eggs for themselves. They even tripped over the backets several times spilling eggs everywhere.

Rise and Shine! 5AM comes early and is followed by 6AM Sunrise Service and 7AM breakfast. The joy of Sunrise Service is the special music by the R Twins. I look forward to it every year. At noon I head back for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment